Bright and Cheery


 I have been going through my scrap bag this week.  I have been sewing together scraps to make a boho curtain of sorts.  It doesn't look like anything yet so will wait to post about that.  But going through the scrap bag I found these fun wedges that were gifted to me.  The cheeriness of the colours does my heart good and of course I want to use them to make a mandala.  Now, how do I go about piecing them together.  I am the world's worst piecer!  I have a minor disability with my eyes that prevents me from seeing straight.  Interesting problem to have for a quilter and why I have gone more for crazy quilting and art quilting.  Still, I am keen to use these wedges.  What to do!

I am linking to

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

Norma Schlager said…
I can see why you are attracted to these bright and cheery fabrics. They sing of Spring! I'm sure you'll find a way to work with them.
Strange as it might sound coming from someone who thrives on obsessive piecing my recommendation is not to piece the wedges together. Instead go with your mandala technique strengths. Choose a complimentary foundation background, such as black or navy. Cut a donut shaped circle out of the fusible web of your choice and placing this on the background fabric. The donut should be approximately 0.25" shorter in diameter of the outer border. You also don't want the fusible to cover the inner circle UNLESS, you will be covering that with fabric. Fuse the wedges and then have fun with stitch, beads or whatever else you want to play with that makes you as happy as those cheery colors.
Queeniepatch said…
I don't think you need to have any straight lines on this mandala. What you might want or need is for it to be flat(ish), which can be acted with an iron in the final stage! Should there be any creases, you can always stitch them down with beads or stitches, you know!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday