Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday

Last year a guild member challenged us to create something from a piece of silk she provided.  The color didn't suit me so I added some paint to make it more me.  That is as far as I got on the challenge.  The piece of silk hung around my studio for ages waiting for further inspiration.  Finally this summer an idea struck me.  I cut some of my gelli prints into circles and adhered them to the silk.  I have added loads of random embroidery to it.  It still needs more though.  More color!
I am linking with
http://pintangle.com/
and
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/