Thursday, January 8, 2015

Angel wings

There are a lot of layers to this piece so far.  I did a rubbing of angel wings in my journal and really liked the way they turned out.  So I made a color copy of them.  After that I adhered them to the background.  The background is paste paper I created.  I experimented with some fine mulberry as the base for the paste paper.  When decorating the paper I used foil underneath the mulberry paper and the paste/paint adhered them together.  I wasn't expecting that but do like it.  The wings with the paste paper was a bit to monotone and I wanted them to pop more.  I realize that I tend to work in cool colors and need to add warm colors to make things pop.  I added embossing powder and dimensional paint.  I am really starting to like the way it is developing.  Now to add some stitch!