painting I am creating


This is the first time I have worked on a wood panel 'canvas'.  I am enjoying it but I wish I would have put gesso on it first.  The wood grain shows through a bit and I don't really care for that.  I suppose I am the only one that would notice that though. 
The first photo shows the application of modeling paste.  I wasn't super keen on the way it was turning out but when a friend walked by and commented that it looked like beads I changed my mind.  After all anything that looks like beads has to be good.
The second photo shows the next stage.  This has many washes of color.  I was tempted to stop at this point as I like it so much. 
There are two more workshops after this though.  Yesterday was one of them where we added mixed media collage.  I chose to let go of any fear that I would ruin it.  Stay tuned for what I did.

Comments

Suztats said…
Ah, yes, that moment of fear! We are old friends, fear and I. Looking forward to seeing what happened next.
Coleen said…
I commend your bravery. Sometimes I feel the same way, concerned I'll ruin it if I proceed, but then art is for experimentation. That's how we learn. Besides, I take comfort in the fact that I can always gesso over something and start again. Then in your case, you'd still have the lovely texture from the modeling paste.
Cheers, Coleen

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday