This is my first attempt at the Interlaced Up and down buttonhole. I wasn't particularly successful with it. The substrate I worked on was miserable to use. It is an interesting stitch and I definitely want to try it again. My thanks to Sharon B at http://pintangle.com/ for the instructions.
I have made some progress on my whole cloth crazy quilt. I am enjoying using my templates more than I thought I would. I am also enjoying my new threads. Figuring out the stitches to use has been a bit challenging. I want to make sure that they cover the marked line. I have enjoyed looking through my stitch dictionaries for inspiration. It is making the process slower and that is a good thing. I can tend to rush a project. Have a great week of stitching! I am linking to https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/
I have added some more trims and lace to my crazy quilt block. I have also added a mermaid tail. I painted some felt and cut out the shape. My granddaughter noticed it and thought it was absolutely wonderful but wondered why it didn't have a head. Well, heads are the hardest part for me and I kind of like that is just the tail. I am not quite sure what is next for this block. It never hurts to let things percolate a bit. I am linking to https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/
I have been inching closer to finishing my book. If stitching is slow well writing is even more so for me. I really want it to be done but it isn't something I can rush. While photographing my stitch illustrations I noticed that some could be improved. My rainbow has received more gems and some running stitches. I think it is better now. I am linking to https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/