A small piece finds purpose

A dear friend has been diagnosed with cancer.  How do we show her love and support?  Another friend came up with the brilliant idea to create a quilted shawl for her.  She can wear it while getting her treatments.  Hopefully, she will feel wrapped in love while wearing it. 

Coming together to create this shawl has challenges.  I have this CQ block ready to go and plan to create some surface designed type blocks.  We will have to figure out how to fit them in with the more traditional blocks that are being created.  It will be interesting.

I am linking to
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

Norma Schlager said…
What a lovely thing to do for a friend in need of comfort. I like what you've done so far.
Queeniepatch said…
I hope the different blocks will show that you are all different in style but united in your love and care for your friend. I think it is a wonderful way to show your support in a very stressful situation.
Mary Ann said…
There is nothing better than having your friends surprise you with something they have made to show their love and support. It is something concrete for them to do when they might not know what to say or how to help. My friends made me a quilt when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and when I used it I felt wrapped in love.
Sad news.
Your little piece certainly conveys comfort, with this earthen palette. I'm sure that this quilt will help both the makers and the receiver.
Love,
France

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday