The trade is made


I met the artist Raegan Little this past weekend and we swapped our art pieces.  It turns out she is not a young artist but has been working on her BFA for eight years while working and raising a family.  RESPECT!  Her call to exchange art on Instagram is her final project.  Such a clever idea!

Seeing Raegan's hanky embroidered with the word Panky really did make me laugh out loud.  I chose a vintage quilt block embroidered by Aunt Pat in response to Raegan's piece.  I embroidered LOL in sparkly threads liking the contradictory styles.  

This was a fun way for me to use and honour the work of Aunt Pat.  I think she would be thrilled to know that her work is hanging in an art gallery at U of W.  Thanks to my sweet cousin Laurie for gifting me with this treasure.
 

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Embroideries and handy craft life on in new shapes. Isn't that great?

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday