Blessed with Imperfection


 Oh, there are times when I get critical of my imperfection.  I think that is natural.  On the whole, I tend to embrace it though.  Many years ago I took a workshop with Paula Nadelstern.  What a talented quilter!  I love her fabric line as well.  My quilt blocks turned out very wonky and so they have languished never to be made into a quilt.  Never fear, I hate to waste anything so naturally, I am turning this block into a mandala.  By the time I add beads and embroidery the mismatched seams won't be so obvious.  These colours are some of my favourites so it will be a pleasure to work on this!

I am linking to

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

This will be so good as a mandala!!! I agree--no waste. You will make something lovely out of it.
DVArtist said…
Ohhhh this is gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. Have a nice day.
Paula came and spoke to my guild, perhaps 20 years ago. She brought a trunk show of her work and pointed out her mismatched seams - numerous and obvious when standing nose to quilt. She further pointed out that the eye naturally blends the seams from a distance. So, true. Sitting in the audience her quilts were magnificent. I also felt reassured if the great Paula struggled, then it was time to relax about my own clipped points and mismatched seams. Your piece will be beautiful as a mandala and it is already beautiful just the way it is.
Queeniepatch said…
Fist of all, imperfect is beautiful!
It is actually very difficult to make a perfect kaleidoscope block from prints.The stretch on the warp and weft is different and without knowing it we pull the fabric out of shape. IF one wants to control this, the best way is to starch the fabric.
With a wonky block there is plenty of scope for embellishment with embroidery stitches and beads.
Enjoy playing!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday