Work in Progress Wednesday


 Further progress was made on this mandala.  I have added some more beads and I am pleased with the result.  I am not sure what comes next.  It is probably pretty close to being finished.  Decisions, decisions cannot be rushed.  I would love to finish this off but rushing never works out well.  I have allowed myself to get into a state.  A state of what exactly?  Um, rushing and being productivity-oriented.  Those things don't work for me and my art.  It takes the pleasure out of it and what is the point of making art if it is not pleasant.  I am certainly not one who believes you must suffer for your art.  There is already enough in this life that can be difficult!

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
You certainly have the right ideas about art. It should be enjoyable. I feel sorry for the artists who punish themselves going forward.
Remember it IS ok to shelf projects and let them mature there until both you and they are ready for further progress.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday