I Like


Lee Anna as always has some interesting questions for us.


do you like to attend State/County Fairs? tell us what kinds of things
you like to do there?

I went to a sunflower festival last summer.  There were vendors and some animals.  I went with my son and his family.  My granddaughter enjoyed the kiddie train ride.  It was a pleasant afternoon.  I have heard that there is a lavender festival somewhere not too far away.  Maybe I will be able to get to it this summer.

There was a wool festival not far from here that I enjoyed going to for a few years.  There were always interesting rovings and yarns to purchase.

I went to the Paris, Ontario fall fair years ago to see my DIL ride in the horse competition.  It was exciting to see her do her thing!  

There used to be a huge creative festival in Toronto that I loved going to.  There were so many interesting supplies.  Things that I couldn't find in my own town.  With the advent of the internet, it has become easier to get supplies so I stopped going.  

I enjoyed going to the local fair when I was a child.  I liked the rides and getting candy floss. I don't enjoy rides any more.  Nor will eat candy floss.  Funny how we change over the years.

Other things I like: my container garden is doing well, and I will be able to harvest a zucchini in the next week or so.  I love the summer and the warm weather.   





Comments

A sunflower festival would be neat! A wool festival, too. I think every part of our country, and sounds like Canada, too, has interesting regional events like that to attend. Fun to take the grandkids to, also!
PaintedThread said…
A sunflower festival sounds like fun. Yay for container gardening.
I do think fairs are fun but so many were cancelled due to Covid. I feel that this year is the first year so many activities are coming back.
Queeniepatch said…
Fairs offer lots to see, buy and eat, and sometimes there are rides and attractions, too. I am not so fond of crowded places, but if it is a quilt show and traders stalls I do enjoy going.
The fairs used to travel around in Newfoundland and we would be so excited to see the rides being built. Definitely exciting and fun times for the kids. Here in Ontario, there are many fall fairs and they try to stagger the weekends.
LA Paylor said…
I went to fairs in Canada when I lived there...

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday