I Like



 I am not the sort of person who spends a lot of time looking back.  I have been working on some art proposals this week and that has required me to look back through my art.  There was a time I might have crinched.  I like that I have to come to a place where I can accept my art, the good, the bad and the ugly.  It has all been a process of learning.  I like that I am feeling more confident about my art.  I like that I am loving some of it.

I know I have mentioned Librivox in a previous post.  But I really, really like it!  I just learned about an older book written by the artist Kandinsky.  I was thinking of purchasing it but decided to look at Librivox first.  It is there and I can listen to it for free.  Yay!


I like that I am getting to do an art program with my sweet seniors today.  We are going to do a Kandinsky inspired tree.  I think it is fun and cheerful.  I hope they enjoy it.  They are such good sports and so brave to try making art when they don't consider themselves to be artists.  

I like watching Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix.  The second season is out.  Also, have been watching Ted Lasso and enjoying it.  

I like the wonderful group that LeeAnna has gathered for this gratefulness post every Thursday.

Comments

I like the art you're going to make with your seniors! I bet they will enjoy it. Have fun!
LA Paylor said…
omg I love kandinsky and your tree. I want to take your class, it's so color rich and fun...
trying to see people today, but taking a long time to do one, then stand up and move around... but good to see you, missed you, LeeAnna
Queeniepatch said…
Looking back at things we created in the past can make one feel ashamed and think 'How on earth could I have drawn/written/stitched something like this!'
But think about it, doesn't it prove that we have developed and learned something? Or that we have to accept our past 'skills'? Or start to think about our creations in a new way?

To the untrained eye, a Japanese tea bowl (for the tea ceremony), made with rough clay and uneven glaze, may look like it has been made by a five-year-old's clumsy fingers. As it turns out, the potter is a 'living national treasure' a master recognised by the highest authorities and the bowl is worth a large fortune.

We can NEVER say what art is right or wrong, good or bad, beautiful or ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! So we have to train our eyes to look at our old creations in a new way.
I had a Kandinsky poster on my residence wall when in university. Love his work and your tree too. Yes,what a great project to do with seniours and how kind you are to share your talent and time with them, Angela.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday