Slow Stitching Sunday


 I have been working on this piece for years.  It sits patiently waiting for me to accumulate needles with short amounts of thread.  I don't want to waste those threads so I stitch them onto this piece.  I love having that sort of project on the go.  This one is inching closer to being finished.  I am not eager to get it done.  I don't have an idea for the next one of these yet.  Not to worry, there is still lots of room for stitching, well some room for stitching.  Plus, the ideas always come eventually.

I commented to someone the other day that I think creativity is my superpower.   I don't think that makes me unique, just versatile.  I think everyone is creative on some level and in varying ways.


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

CathieJ said…
I love the field of flowers in the lower right corner. I like the idea of saving bits of thread to use on this kind of piece. Yes, creativity is your superpower. I enjoy working on crafts, but I usually rely on other peoples ideas. I have dabbled in creating my own cross-stitch patterns, but I don't find it easy at all.
Quilter Kathy said…
I enjoyed reading "I am not eager to get it done"! So many creative people are eager to get projects finished quickly, and not many folks are able to sit with a project and see what happens over time. True slow stitching!
Miaismine said…
Your piece is lovely and I love how you are patiently stitching without a rush to finish it or even worrying about your next project. An important reminder I'm taking to heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday