Slow Stitching Sunday


 This is my year-long project.  I want to learn and practise some stitches.  I thought using an even weave fabric would help me.  Turns out my stitches are still wonky.  Mostly, I am okay with that.  I had thought the even weave would make me neater but nope.  That just isn't who I am.  I believe I can create beautiful things even with wonky stitches.

Isn't that the beautiful thing about ageing?  At least, for me, I am becoming freer and more accepting of myself and others.  After all, perfection is rarely all that interesting.  This project is about learning and growing, not perfection.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

What a neat idea for a year-long project, Angela! I have seen other stitchers working on similar projects - a wheel cut into 12 sections, one for each month. That's a really tempting project for me to try, too! I'm with you on the wonky stitches - that's just who I am!
Karrin Hurd said…
I think I am wonky too, and personally like wonky! Great work!
Sarah said…
I thought your stitches were pretty straight! It’s going to be interesting to see this piece develop.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday