Journal weeks 27 and 28 combined


I have been following a journal prompt a week for about a year and a half.  It was getting rather stale to me and I decided to look for a different journal group.  I found Art Journal Prompts on Facebook and I have jumped right in.  Week 27 asked us to use gold.  Week 28 asked us to rework an existing page.

I have combined the two prompts into one page.  The top photo is a torn paper stitched collage.  It wasn't going anywhere.  I colored copied it as it is kind of fragile.  I added some green acrylic paint to the lower part and hated it.  I removed most of it and am much happier.  I also added my favorite tree shape that I covered in gold swirls.  Since the acrylic paint had too much coverage I used Inktense pencils to add more color in other areas.

I wrote 'be still' repeatedly in cursive around the top of the tree.  That seems to be my mantra this year.  Those words fill me with trust and calm.

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
YOU might be able to keep still, but I don't think the golden leaves on the tree will manage not to rustle in the wind!
I can see you are enjoying yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday