Slow Stitching Sunday


 This mandala is rather different for me.  I used somewhat large beads and buttons.  A kirigami paper piece was sandwiched between Angelina fibres as the start of this one.  It was an experiment that worked out but maybe I should have trimmed off the hairy bits from the outer edge.  It was super easy to stitch through and I may have to try another one.  I believe I will call this one finished.  Unbelievably, I have seven others started right now.  I don't generally have that many on the go so best to get some finished before starting any more.  The ideas just keep coming.  Will I work on a mandala series for the rest of my life?  I think it would be rather easy to do so.  Will I get bored with mandalas?  I am a bit concerned about that but at this point that doesn't seem likely.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

CathieJ said…
Oh wow, I really like this mandala. The circle of leaves is very pretty.
Karrin Hurd said…
Great piece, and great colors! I say do what makes you happy, until it doesn't. Happy Easter!
linda said…
It's lovely, I love mandalas of all types, you can never have enough. Have a great Easter weekend.
That's such a pretty design, Angela! I love the leaves you've added around the edge. I think as long you enjoy this process, and have new ideas for the mandalas, you should keep going!
Kim said…
Oh, I don't think you would ever become bored with mandalas, as each one is so different and creative. Loving this one, but then I love all your mandalas. This one is so colourful and those leaf buttons skipping around the edge are fabulous. So, so pretty.
Queeniepatch said…
I am glad you kept Angelina's hair in place! Doesn't it look like the mandala is oozing out energy? Please make mandalas as long as it is fulfilling.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday