Another Mandala


 Another mandala finished.  It was a delight to stitch this mandala on the gorgeous silk.  I love the sound of the thread being pulled through the silk.  No other fabric sounds like silk.  I have messed up the counting of my hooped mandalas.  This is mandala 27.  I have mandala 28 finished and that will be it.  Well, at least for the installation that I will be submitting.  I had thought I had 30 mandalas but nope.  You'd never know I have a bookkeeping background!  

I am working on the artist statement for this installation.  ugh.  Not my favourite thing to do.  I plan to hang all 28 mandalas in a spiral shape on the wall.  The reason for the spiral shape is that I think it will look good.  That doesn't work for an artist statement though.  I need to come up with some BS, I mean artistic story for the spiral.  I say ugh again.

I am linking to

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
A background in bookkeeping, eh? I would have though music, as you enjoy the sound of a needle going through silk, and yes, it is a lovely snappy sound.
As for the spiral, isn't that the best shape when you want to help the eye move over a surface? With it the mandalas will start spinning, too? You know those wind ornaments that turn by themselves if you hang them in a tree in the garden, or a corkscrew strip of foil hung over a heat source (typical Swedish Christmas decoration hung in the windows over the central heating elements) the spins so beautifully. They are as relaxing and meditative as mandalas are supposed to be, aren't they?

I am sure you can find lots of statements for your artwork.
Susan said…
Wow its beautiful!!!!
I have confidence you can pull together an artist statement that combines meditative spiral pathways with the meditative nature of mandalas, everyone a stunner.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday