I Like



Describe something you experience with each of your senses every SPRING

taste,  touch,  sight,  hearing,  scent


Wow, Lee Anna That is tough for me!

I will start with taste.  Rhubarb is one of my favourites.  I love the tartness of it.  I remember eating a stalk fresh from the garden when I was a child.  Mom gave me a bit of sugar in a bowl to dip it into.  Now I make pies from it.  Unfortunately, I have to buy the rhubarb as it doesn't grow well in my backyard.

Touch is more difficult.  I can't think of anything in particular that I touch in the spring other than dirt.  And I really don't like touching dirt or gardening because of the dirt.  Funny, if I call it earth it sounds better.  Maybe I can teach myself to not be bothered by it.  I am always grateful for what the earth produces for us to enjoy.  

Sight is easier.  I just saw my first robin of the spring yesterday.  Robins are always a welcome sign that winter is over or almost.  Their cheery song is a delight to hear.  The Cardinals have been singing more lately too.  I am so blessed to get to hear their beautiful music.  I relax merely at the thought of it.

There are a lot of farms in this area.  I live close to downtown but the smells of the farms often waft through our neighbourhood.  Although I don't enjoy the smell of manure I do enjoy the crops our farmers toil to produce.  A more pleasant scent is the lilac tree that is in my neighbour's yard but its branches have reached over the fence to tantalize me.  That is delightful.  

Pictured above is Snoopy Rock.  Fun!  Who doesn't love Snoopy and his fun dance?  I am glad that we got to see this rock formation.  

Comments

I love seeing the robins, too. Sometimes if we're taking a walk right at dusk in the Spring or summer, a robin or two will be sitting up high at the top of someone's roof chirping at the setting sun!
I like rhubarb too but I have a hard time with all the sugar it takes to get it sweet enough for Tony as a jam. But it is certainly a springtime treat. I hear the cardinals singing each day now too-their song is so distinctive and lovely and I have a pair that come to my feeders. It really is a wonderful time of year isn't it.
LA Paylor said…
I just loved your prompt answers... always honest, complete, full descriptions to read here.
snoopy rock, imagine!!! how cool is that
leeanna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday