Slow Stitching Sunday


 I admire Sharon Boggon and her stitching.  She does beautiful work and I have long wanted to do some stitching that emulates her work.  I dove into that project this week.  So much fun!  The fabric is a beautiful piece of silk that was gifted to me.  The colour of said silk is not really typical of the palette I use.  So it is perfect for this as not much of it will be seen when all is finished. I do love the sound of stitching through silk.  Is that a bit weird?  I don't care if it is.

This is a fun project to play with colour and texture.  It won't take long to fill the hoop.  I was asked what am I going to do with it.  I actually don't have a clue at this point.  I am just enjoying doing it.  Does it have to be anything?  

I am linking to

.https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/


Comments

Sarah said…
I'm a great believer in stitching because it's fun! I've done some of those stitches and they look so nice.
Oh, that is neat! I love the buttons sewn in and the shapes you're making. I get asked that same question all the time, and agree with you. Sometimes the most pleasure is in the doing!
Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful work! I took Sharon Boggan's scrumptious surfaces class and learned a lot. She does such inspiring work! Hope you have a great week!
Kim said…
No, 'it' doesn't need to be anything, except to shine in all its beauty. The silk fabric is sumptuous. I rather like the sound of a needle piercing through silk, too. Loving all those buttons being embellished with your beautiful threads and stitches; with itty beads in between. This piece is gorgeous, Angela.
CathieJ said…
So glad you are enjoying your pretty stitching. I can definitely understand enjoying the sound of stitching.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday