Slow Stitching Sunday


 I found the perfect button to go into the centre of this mandala.  I love when my stash has the perfect thing!  This mandala is finished and I love how the sparkly threads look on the dark background.  The background is purple but looks grey in the photo.  It is a grey-purple to be sure but the camera is really not picking up the purple.  This is mandala 29 in my hooped series.  I am planning to submit 30 hooped mandalas for an upcoming show.  I have one mandala left to be finished and it is very close to being done.  Getting the artist statement right will be important.  

I am linking to

Comments

So pretty and you are right, the button is perfect!
CathieJ said…
That mandala is very pretty and that is definitely the perfect button.
Queeniepatch said…
That's a beautiful marriage of Button and Mandala. You are right, it is the perfect match.
Oh, how exciting to have a show, best of luck!
Quilter Kathy said…
So scrumptious! I hope you will tell us all about the show :)
That's such a pretty one, Angela! Your collection of 30 is going to be stunning. I hope you can show it to us!
Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful, I love when my stash has the perfect thing too! Great work, hope you have a great week!
Hi Angela, what a wonderful project. Best of luck for the submission. Have a great week.
Kim said…
How wonderful it would be to see 30 of your mandalas all grouped together at a show! I for one, would stand there forever, drinking in each exquisite detail. Please show us photos when this event happens. As for this mandala, it is a beautiful finish. All those stitches dancing in merry patterns around and around is joyful. And yes.....that button is perfect! There is always 'that perfect pretty' needed, in one's stash. One just needs to dive head first into the bottomless 'pit' to find it. =) A most gorgeous finish, Angela.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday