Junk Journal



 Having done a big reorganisation in my studio has revealed lots of things.  I had created this journal cover years ago and seeing it again made me want to use it.  I dug through some of my scrap papers and cut, no tore them to size.  I also went through my jars of mediums some of which have dried up.  I found some gesso that was not dried up and applied it to some of the papers to make them more sturdy. I also found some clears gesso and applied that.  Now, this little journal is ready for me to add my artwork.  

I have been a bit busy with more mundane things that need to be done.  Most of them have a deadline.  It can be hard to stay concentrated on those things for large periods of time.  Applying gesso and creating this journal was a little treat to myself.  It was not time-consuming nor was it a brain drain.  It was a lovely distraction.

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
it must also have been nice to find the journal when you cleared up your studio.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday