Journal Page


 I have created thousands of journal pages.  Keeping an art journal is completely necessary for my soul.  I create art in my journals that is just for me.  Knowing that no one else will see this work is freeing and helps me not be precious about it.  My journal is a place to experiment and be contemplative. 

I cut the phrase "none of the deep introspective doubts' from an old book.  It landed on this page even though I was full of doubts about it.  Art Journal Journey posted the challenge to use a photo on our journal pages in January.  I decided to use one of my kaleidoscope photos.  I LOVE these photos.  I have had a lot of positive feedback on them and everyone wants to know my secret as to how they were made.  So there starts the problem.  I want my journal page to be good enough for my precious photo.  Good enough and precious are problematic for me and my creativity.  Probably most people's creativity.

Deep introspective doubts really rob us of the joy of creating.  Banish doubts and just enjoy making the art.  I went ahead and made the page.  It is not beautiful.  It is not even good but I had fun.  I am all about fun when it comes to my art.  Making art is good for the soul.  There are numerous scientific papers proving this to be true.  No one says it has to be good art.  

Make art that isn't going to get published in a book or a magazine.  Make art that isn't going to get a million likes on social media.  Make art that no one wants to buy.  Make art that you just want to put in the trash.  Go ahead.  I double-dog dare you.

Comments

This is a fun journal page, and I like how you used a kaleidoscope photo. It makes a cool page. And I enjoyed reading about making art, no pressure. For me, if I make a page with the idea that others are going to see that page, I often get "stage fright", or you could say page fright. My ideas go away. Sometimes not though. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey for Mia's challenge. I hope you're having a lovely weekend too. hugs-Erika
Queeniepatch said…
As there are so many 'likes' and opinions of what is great/beautiful/interesting... we really need OUR own art. Not only for the joy of creating but for the pleasure of looking at what WE like.
This looks fabulous. The reason I love making Art Journal pages is that they are for my pleasure- if I choose to share them that's ok! Im pleased you shared this at AJJ, Chrisx
This is a beautiful and imaginative piece of art, Elke
I have a friend who has a program that creates those kaleidoscopes. I love how you incorporated yours in your art journal. I like how you relate your art to your own deep satisfaction. Thanks for sharing with us at Art Journal Journey, because I certainly LOVE what you created.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday