I love this book

I created this book a while ago and submitted it to two different publications. It was not accepted by either of them. I just can't believe it. I think it's a beautiful book! Why wouldn't they want it in their publication?


I painted two artist canvases and used them as the book covers. I also painted the backsides of the canvases and attached some sea shells. The backside of the canvas acts as a shadow box of sorts. The pages of the book are made up of white copy paper as well as pages from an old atlas.

I adorned the spine with wires, beads and a small glass bottle that contains some tiny pieces of beach glass that I have collected.

Comments

Sharon House said…
Angela...

Congratulations on starting a blog! Good for you. This piece is really very pretty and it is a unique way to make a cover for a book! Thanks for posting it so we could have a peek...

Cheers,
Sharon
http://www.mystoryart.com
Veronica said…
I think it's lovely! Don't let this rejection get into your head. There could be a million reasons..maybe they were looking for a purple or pink piece and blue didn't work. I once had a piece of mine chosen, that wasn't even that good. I asked them why and they said it fit into the page layout better than any other. Go figure. Just keep making what you like. What do they know anyway?
Veronica
Tammy Freiborg said…
A wonderful idea and beautiful! Don't be afraid to try again.
Timaree said…
At least you had the nerve to submit your creation. I don't want to get the rejection so I don't even try! Thanks for posting about your book.
Laura Kay said…
How about some more pics of your lovely piece?
Unknown said…
Oh, Angela,
that is soooooo pretty and serene and i can hear the waves and the breeze blowing through the long grasses near the sand dunes...
juliet
from Blissfully Art Journaling

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday