Take a stitch Tuesday


The first stitch Sharon B at http://www.pintangle.com shared for this year is the fly stitch.  I had planned to use each stitch on my crazy quilt journal project this year.  I am a bit slow starting that project though.  It funny because I was fully convinced that I should do that project and yet nothing has come to me as yet.  I was wondering if I should do the bead journal project again this year.  I was iffy on it and yet the idea for it came quite quickly.  So I have used the fly stitch on my bead journal project.  This journal page is far from finished but I like the start of it and I thought it would be good to share the progress. 
I have stitched onto a photo that I took of a broken windshield.  I have backed the paper with fusible interfacing to make it more stable.  The fly stitch I did very wide and with a short tail.  I like the curving line it gives.  I used a thick white metallic thread and a thin  hologram thread.  Unfortunately, it is extremely difficult to photograph hologram thread.

Comments

Jorin said…
A good idea for the fly stitch! Did you do the holes before stitching?
Jorin
bluemuf said…
All I can say is I Love It...

Karen
Deborah M. said…
Wow - I thought those were flowers. Very interesting!
Dianne said…
I love this very creative idea for your backgrounds. Your stitches are working in well with this one!
Anonymous said…
Such a creative, beautiful piece!
Susan said…
I love your piece. It looks like a frozen lake with ice crystals!
Rengin Yazitas said…
I loved the color and your work is so nice:))
Mary Lynn said…
The range of your creativity is amazing and an inspiration! Love it!!
Susan said…
How unique! What is hologram thread? I've never heard of it, but it looks luscious!
Faith said…
This is very interesting! The holgram thread is easy to see in the closeup of the photo (when I click on it). I'm curious to see how this turns out.
Rose Mary said…
Your piece is brilliant, who would have thought to do the fly stitch the way you did on the bubbles. Love it and great job.
Anonymous said…
very innovative.
Raphaela said…
Interesting stitching.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday