bargain hunting

I find the best bargains!  It seems to be a gift.  Maybe my husband wouldn't agree on that one though!  giggles 
Last week I went shopping on Ottawa Street in Hamilton, Ontario.  I shopped there 26 years ago for the fabric for my wedding dress!  I also shopped there five years ago with my niece looking for her wedding dress fabric.  Very fond memories.  Well I happened upon a store that was closing up shop.  It was rather dumpy looking so I was a tad hesitant to go into it.  But I am a fearless bargain hunter and since the store was closing who knew what I would find.  Happily, I found silk chiffon for $3 a yard.  How could I resist?  The colors aren't typical of what I use but they are still useful.  I have long wanted to experiment with silk chiffon so now I have some with which to play!  What would you do with it?

Comments

It's wonderful for ruching!! That's of the hand stitch variety of ruching. I'll be posting my Feb BJP this weekend, but the post after that will have a piece that includes ruching. Silk velvet and anything else silk is beautiful as well. Heck, anything with a fairly soft hand will work.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday