New York City shopping finds

I used Paula Nadelstern's web site to help me decide where to shop.
http://www.paulanadelstern.com/fabric/guides/index.php  It is a great place to start.

I mostly stayed with a color theme for shopping.  They are my favorite colors.  I probably already have way too much of these colors in my stash but oh well.  It makes me happy!  I figure I can do a project with these purchases and it will always remind me of the wonderful trip.

The four pieces of fabric I bought at B&J on 7th.  They are silk chiffon and silk organza.  Oh how I love silk!  It was a nice store, helpful staff.

The silk ribbons in the upper left corner are from Mood.  Yes, I got to see Swatch the dog.  Again helpful staff.  It is a busy store and well worth going there.  The prices on the silk ribbons were good.

Just below the silk ribbons are some trims that I bought at Daytona Braids and Trimmings on 39th.  It is a small store that is jam packed with treasures.  The trims are sparkly which doesn't show up in the photo.

I purchased two packages of embroidery ribbon from Mokuba.  The store is loaded with gorgeous ribbon.  There are no prices on anything though.  Their pricing system is absolutely antiquated!  Kind of annoying.  This store carries more than the Queen Street store in Toronto but because nothing actually has a price on it I found it unpleasant.  I don't like having to ask for the price of things.

The buttons I found at Hobby Lobby.  They were having a half price sale and I couldn't resist.

My trip was wonderful and I can't wait to use my new things!

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
It is natural to be drawn to one's favourite colours. The beautiful items you have collected will look so good together.
Thank you for sharing the shop info.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday