Thursday, July 27, 2017

Journal Prompt Week #30

The prompt this week was simply summer.  You can see Nina's video here.  This page was fun for me to create.  I used a paper towel that already had paint all over it.  I adhered it to my page and added a bit more collage.  The most fun part was doing some found poetry instead of a quote.  I save book pages that have been removed when creating altered books.  It is fun to sift through them and look for words that jump out at me.  I then put them together to form some sort of thought.
Now is the season for splendor
simple little pleasure,
one of those summers which
give birth
an artist
so exquisite

1 comment:

Queeniepatch said...

That a great way of recycling books and creating art.
I am glad you find summer inspiring - to me it used to be, as long as I were in Sweden/the UK. Here in Japan the heat and humidity is putting a damper on creativity!