Journal Prompt Week #30

The prompt this week was simply summer.  You can see Nina's video here.  This page was fun for me to create.  I used a paper towel that already had paint all over it.  I adhered it to my page and added a bit more collage.  The most fun part was doing some found poetry instead of a quote.  I save book pages that have been removed when creating altered books.  It is fun to sift through them and look for words that jump out at me.  I then put them together to form some sort of thought.
Now is the season for splendor
simple little pleasure,
one of those summers which
give birth
an artist
so exquisite

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
That a great way of recycling books and creating art.
I am glad you find summer inspiring - to me it used to be, as long as I were in Sweden/the UK. Here in Japan the heat and humidity is putting a damper on creativity!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday