My mixed media self portrait quilt

This quilt is pretty unusual for me. When I signed up to do a mixed media self-portrait with the San Fransisco School of Needlework I wasn't sure what I would do.  Slowly, this piece has evolved.  I have stitched the 'hair' on to it.  I really like the 'hair'.  I like the idea of the mask covered with lace but it seems too light in colour.  I want it to blend into the background or at least not stand out so much.
I am linking to
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.ca/

Comments

What fun this is! Interesting, the mask covered in lace. What does that say about you? You could always paint the lace to blend it. This is the type of thing that would be hard to know when to stop. More is more after all 😉
Queeniepatch said…
For a self portrait, shouldn't you used a lot of beads - after all your are the Queen of Beading! How about adding lots of coloured beads on top of the lace to darken it a bit?
Birgitta said…
Like this! Very cool work!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday