Another Finish

Once the embellishing and stitching is done I call the project finished.  In truth, it is not finished.  The not-fun part for me still needs to be done.   A backing and edge still need to be done.  If I worked like a regular quilter that wouldn't be a big deal.  Just do the same old same old.  But for me, I always have to figure out a way to finish.  That can be a challenge.  This time I used seam binding to 'frame' this piece.  I knotted and twisted and crumpled it as I stitched.  I quite like the results.  It also feels really good to have another mandala piece completely finished.

I am linking to

Comments

Bridie said…
Popping over from Off the Wall Friday

I'm hosting Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday this week if you'd like to head over and link up your project - https://www.simply-crafting.co.uk/2020/01/reusable-face-cloths-from-baby-muslins.html
It's a very pretty piece with a unique finish.
xx, Carol
Congrats on a pretty finish. I really like the crumpled binding.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday