Slow Stitching Sunday

This is my second piece from the Textile.org Facebook challenge.  Cas Holmes was the challenge leader this week and asked us to make a small fabric collage that was inspired by something around our home.  My husband had bought a bouquet of flowers when he was getting us groceries so I used that for my inspiration.  It was fun to go through my bits and pieces and use them up.  I honestly wonder why I hang on to such small bits sometimes but then they do come in handy.  I posted about this piece earlier in the week and didn't feel like it was quite done.  I decided to add some found poetry to it and feel that is now complete.  I have loads of old book pages kicking around because I alter books.  I really enjoy cutting out words and phrases and putting them together to make a 'poem'.

I am linking to
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
I think the text adds a wonderful element to this project! So fun all the things that you collect that turn out to be the perfect addition!
Faye said…
This is very pretty! I like the words too

I hope you are staying safe and well!
Kim said…
You hung on to these snippets of fabric just to stitch this pretty collage. =) All the elements are lovely and love the addition of the words.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday