Botanical Lap Book

This is the first flap inside the cover.  On the right is a small collage on a file folder that holds three tags.  On the left, I created a belly band with vintage trims.  Is it called a belly band when it is verticle? Not sure about that.  It holds three pieces that are two images glued back to back.

This is also a spread that is flipped out from the first flap.  It is kind of hard to explain and I really wish the video I had tried to do had turned out.  A video makes more sense.

This is also a flip out.

It would have made more sense for this photo come one before.  You can see that it has the back of the blue envelope with collage on it.  


This flip is an envelope and has a tuck spot as well as plenty of collage
This image comes next.  On the left is a collage on an envelop that opens up.  I forgot to photograph the inside and back of it.  Inside I have attached vintage postcards from the early 1900s.  So pretty! On the right is the middle of the book.  You can see it below as well.

 On the right is belly band made with collage.  There is a folded over piece attached and paper clipped.  The paper clip has a small fabric collage attached to it.  I forgot to photography the inside of this as well.  It is more vintage botanical collage.  


I will post the rest of this lap book tomorrow.  I had so much fun working on this.  I love the way it turned out and I would really like to start another one with a vintage sewing theme.  

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
I really think this is a book where you have to turn the pages and open and close the various 'hideouts' befor one can really appreciate its beauty and uniqueness. It is looking very nice, though, over romantic and feminine.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday