Slow Stitching Sunday


 I watched an episode of Quilt Stories by Lisa Walton on Youtube this week.  Paula Nadelstern was the guest.  I was able to take a class with Paula many years ago.  My piecing is subpar and therefore no quilt will ever be produced.  I enjoyed learning how she does things though.  The few blocks that I made have been languishing in my basement.  Even though the patterns to do not match the fabric I used is gorgeous.  I decided to add some surface design to this block and now I am ready to add some stitching and some beads.  I think the beads will really make this good!


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Ivani said…
It is beautiful as it is, and with some beads and stitching it will wonderful.
Karrin Hurd said…
Gorgeous block with luscious colors! Can't wait to see what you do.
CathieJ said…
If you didn't mention it, I wouldn't realize the patterns don't match. I think this piece is gorgeous! I love the colors and the kaleidoscope effect.
Queeniepatch said…
It's fascinating to see how fussy cut pieces of fabric can create these kaleidoscope patterns. The colours are great too, but you are right, beads will make it even more spectacular.
Kim said…
This is a gorgeous block. I too, didn't notice the pattern not matching perfectly. The colours are beautiful. I cannot wait to see how you play with all your beads and pretty stitches to make this piece amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday