Slow Stitching Sunday


 I have started yet another mandala.  I believe I won't be using any beads on this one but I may change my mind.  Sparkling threads can be just a good as beads.  The base fabric is purple but the photograph looks rather muddy.  I am enjoying figuring out the right stitch to do next.  There are so many potentials.  The same could be said of my thread choices.  I love going through my massive stash of thread.  All the colours make me as happy as a kid in a candy store.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
Funny how the background looks grey... but it is a great background for these lovely stitches!
Ivani said…
Great startfor a beautiful mandala.
Happy slow stitching!
That's such a pretty start! Will you just keep adding stitches in a circle until you feel it's finished? I haven't tried stitching something like that, but I would love to!
Karrin Hurd said…
The background appears gray on my PC, but it looks beautiful anyway! Happy stitching!
Kim said…
This newest Mandala is pretty, Angela. So many lovely threads stitched in lovely, detailed patterns. The pink circle in the centre is fascinating. What stitch is this one?
CathieJ said…
This is beautiful. I love purple.
Queeniepatch said…
You're right, the metallic thread is as appealing as beads.
You have also chosen the perfect stitches to go round the circle. It's really beautiful.
The metallic threads give your Mandela just the right amount of sparkle

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday