Slow Stitching Sunday


 My mandala has progressed.  Not a lot of progress but that's okay.  I am enjoying the slow stitching and know it will get finished eventually.  No need to rush.  I am confident in my ability to finish things.  That wasn't always the case.  I used to be a bit of a butterfly flitting from one thing to the next.  Years ago I adopted a word for the year.  The word was focus.  It served me very well and now I am able to stay with projects much longer.  Usually to the finish.  There are always projects that need to sit for a while.  Sometimes they just need to perk before I can finish them.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Sarah said…
Love the colours in your Mandela. I maybe should have the word focus as my word of the year! I do finish projects but there's nothing I like more than starting a new one!
Kim said…
Sometimes projects need to sit for a while to talk to you. This Mandala is growing and if I might say....beautifully so. All those embroidery stitches dancing around and around the pretty centre are magical. Gosh, they are lovely.
Your mandala stitching looks like the very definition of slow stitching - time to breathe and just enjoy. Beautiful!
Queeniepatch said…
Beautiful. So that is what happens when you focus? I need to learn that. Life recently has been so messy. I have to focus on what is right in front of me, this minute! Thank you, Angela.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday