Slow Stitching Sunday


 I need a little help from this clever stitching community.  Pictured above is a vintage quilt block I inherited.  I have been finding interesting ways to use them.  My newest venture is to trade this with a young artist once I have embroidered a word on to it.  The young artist is working on her solo show for graduation.  Her idea is to create a piece of art each day and then trade it on Instagram.  Her show will have a photo of the piece she created hanging next to the piece created in response to it.  I hope I am describing her idea well enough.  

I am trading her for a vintage hanky that she embroidered panky onto.  Giggles.  So clever!  I would love to come up with a word or phrase equally as clever but alas nothing has come to me.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  

Also, don't you just love that embroidery is going to hang in an art gallery at a university!

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Anonymous said…
Crimson and clover…
Sarah said…
That is a very pretty piece of embroidery but as to a word you can sew on it I haven’t a clue! If I have a brain wave I’ll get back to you 😁
Karrin Hurd said…
Lovely embroidery. Sorry, I am at a loss to figure out an appropriate word though.
CathieJ said…
That embroidered block is so pretty. I am afraid I can't think of a clever word for it though. Maybe "power" since it is full of flowers? Maybe not....LOL
Jill said…
Yes, panky is clever on a hanky. Wish I could think of something clever to suggest. You may come up with something. It is good that this will part of a art project.
Sherrie said…
Hi,
The only thing I thought of when I looked at your picture,
is Crossroads.....I love the idea of having a piece of embroidery/
quilting hanging in a museum...have a great day!
Kim said…
Why, every university should have embroidery hanging on the walls. =) Such a fabulous idea! Love the word "panky" embroidered on the hanky. As for a word for you to embroider on the lovely embroidered piece.....I cannot think of anything brilliant. =( It will probably come to me at the wee hours in the morning....in the death of night.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday