Slow Stitching Sunday


 28 hooped mandalas.  I am calling this installation 'the place between breath'.  

Here is my artist statement.

In this chaotic time, stitching mandalas has sustained my peace and well-being.  Each mandala is an exquisite sanctuary that holds the transformative power of creativity.   Each stitch is a wordless journey into the sacred. 

These mandalas hang as a spiral installation.  A spiral that is expansive. unending and where ideas of healing and meditation can be explored.  I desire to elicit peace if only for a moment, a stillness in the space between breath.


I plan to get this submitted today. It is exciting to think of this being accepted and installed.


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

CathieJ said…
Wishing you well in having these beautiful mandalas accepted for a gorgeous installation.
Breathtaking once installed I am sure as the mandalas look great not installed! Your future with this project remains in my thoughts as I stitch Angela!

Kathi
Those are amazing! I love your display idea of all of the mandalas in a spiral. Beautiful artist statement, too!
linda said…
I love mandalas, each one of yours is beautiful.
Karrin Hurd said…
Gorgeous work! Good luck on your application! Happy stitching!
Quilter Kathy said…
It's absolutely magical!
Congratulations!
Kim said…
As I look at each of your exquisite mandalas in the fabulous spiral formation, I wonder of all the places you visited with each breath, with each stitch. It is as you say, sacred. Your artist statement is profound, too. Oh, how I wish I could look very closely at each amazing mandala and joy in each and every element before me. Truly, Angela, your 'works of art' are a sublime body of work. Just breathtaking!
Queeniepatch said…
BRAVO! I like your statement, too.
Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday