Slow Stitching Sunday


This mandala is a tribute to our trip to New Zealand.  I bought a sweet little doily, some beads and wool felt while we were there.  It was five years ago!  Yikes.  It took until now for me to figure out what I wanted to do with those supplies.  I like to pick up a few trinkets while travelling and don't always know what I will do with them.  I am pretty happy with the start of this mandala. The next step is yet to be determined.


On another note, my book is published and ready for sale.  I am ever so happy to have it out there in the world.  I made hard copies for my family members.  It is a bit pricey so I have my doubts that anyone would be interested in buying it that way.  The ebook is much more affordable.  Here is the link  https://www.blurb.ca/ebooks/770820-joyful-journey  Friends and have family have told me is a lovely book.  Most of the stitch illustrations have been published on this blog.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

CathieJ said…
That doily is beautiful. It is a great memento and center for your mandala.
Quilter Kathy said…
Congratulations on this amazing accomplishment! What a great idea and inspiration to all of us! Enjoy your new mandala!
Dianne Cook said…
Congratulations on your book.
Sherrie said…
Hi,
I like your Mandala, so pretty. Congrats on your
book being published. Have a great day!
That's a lovely way to use a doily and remember your trip! Congratulations on publishing your book, too. It looks wonderful!
Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful block. How exciting to be published! Happy stitching!
Kim said…
Oh wow!! Congratulations, Angela, on having your beautiful book published! I followed the link and read the few pages, and oh how beautiful they are. I am a hard copy book kinda girl. =) I could only see the E-book link.....is there a place to purchase a hard copy? So, so very excited for you. Yes, indeed you are now a bona fide author and illustrator par excellence! So, so delighted for you! As for your new mandala; another wonderful pretty just beginning. New Zealand is just across the ditch from us. A most picturesque and beautiful country.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday