Slow Stitching Sunday


 I figured out a way to stitch the word possibility for my April textile journal page.  Stitching words onto a mixed media/textile base is definitely a challenge.  I used a pearl bead string and stitched down each letter individually.  That was also a challenge.  There was no way I could make each letter line up neatly.  Maybe others could do it but not me.  I made each letter intentionally wonky and that makes it more interesting to me.  These journal pages are just for fun.  At the end of the year, I should have a textile journal filled with words that inspire me.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/


Comments

Thé wonky letters are perfect!
Karrin Hurd said…
I think you did perfectly with the lettering. I happy to love wonky! Happy stitching!
CathieJ said…
I really like the way this journal page looks. You did a great job stitching down the beads for the word.
Kim said…
Oh, I think perfectly aligned letters would have spoilt your beautiful piece. Wonkiness always adds character and charm.
Queeniepatch said…
There are many possibilities in stitching with pearls! You are making such beautiful statements with your art.
Quilter Kathy said…
A very cool idea for making letters!
Wonky makes it more interesting to look at :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday