Slow Stitching Sunday


 This mandala has a deadline.  It needs to be done by August to be in the Purple Reign challenge put on by SFSND.  I take my commitment to challenges seriously and aim to not flake out on them.  Plus, I like having things done well in advance of a deadline.  I used a Lumiere paint through a gorgeous stencil to get me started.  I have added some silver thread stitching as that is what was calling to me.  It doesn't look like a lot but it took me a couple of hours.  I am grateful I was able to sit outside and enjoy my deck and sunshine while stitching.  It just feels so good.  If the forecast for today is correct I should be able to do more of the same.  Always a pleasure.  I just have to figure out what the next step is!

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Karrin Hurd said…
Another gorgeous mandala!
Queeniepatch said…
The stitching you have done is very fine so of course it took time! Enjoy the weather and your deck life.
CathieJ said…
I saw that challenge and briefly considered it as I love the color purple. Sadly, I just have too many other projects in process right now. I will enjoy watching your latest mandala become a thing of beauty.
Hi Angela, it's a great idea to paint the stencil in to use as a base for embellishment. I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses. I hope that you enjoyed today's weather. Good luck
Kim said…
Isn't it the best to sit outside in the warm sunshine, soak up all those happy rays and enjoy some lovely hand stitching? I look forward to seeing the progress of this new mandala, Angela.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday