Redemption


 I am still quite excited about having a solo show of mandalas.  I was offered a lot more space than I was expecting.  I am trying to not let that stress me.  Even though I have created plenty of mandalas not all of them are ready to be on display.  Some require backings or hanging devices etc.  So there is still a fair amount of work to be done.  Thankfully, the show isn't until December.  

As I have been going through my pieces and organizing I have come across a two duds.  The above piece is a combination of them.  It isn't quite finished but it is so much better.  The background was a challenge piece that I did not like at all.  It was completely finished and hung in a guild challenge display.  I didn't have the heart to get rid of it.  I didn't know what I would do with it but redemption is a recurring theme in my work although not outwardly obvious.  So I kept it.  I also came across a mandala experiment that wasn't horrible.  It just needed more work.  

I removed the beads and added some paint to the challenge piece.  I added beads and paint the mandala and have attached it to the challenge base.  I am liking it so much better now.  I am not quite sure what the next step is.  For sure it doesn't need much.  This is an unexpected bonus piece for the show.  Yay.

I am linking to

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Every piece has a value in itself, also if every mandala is of the same style or quality, there would not be any variation. THAT is the point with the mandalas, isn't it, that each and every one is different.
I am sure it will be a brilliant exhibition!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday