Work in Progress Wednesday


 Ah, so satisfying to have 7 yes, 7 mandalas completed.  These mandalas only required a hanging device to be finished.  I sat outside on my deck and got them all stitched yesterday.  My progress feels great!  I love seeing the to-do pile dwindle!  It makes me feel on top of things and I have no doubt I will have a large body of work for my upcoming solo show.  I was pleased to see that I had signed and dated some of these on the back.  How clever of me, too bad I don't do that for all of them!

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Congratulations!
Finishing a project gives such great satisfaction, and seeing completed UFOs and WIPs pile up is visual evidence that we have worked hard.
Good to see some of the mandalas have documentation of dates on the back. Could you make it a habit to finish every project with such information, either by taking a photo or actually putting that info on the back of the work? I have a friend who keeps a handwritten diary with printed photographs of every quilt she has made. She adds things like dates, measurements, material and who she made it for, as well as anything that happened during the making (watching the Olympics, devastating rainfall, presidential election, grandchild being born....) After all, a label on the back of the work will go wherever the object goes, so if you give a quilt away, you also give the information away. So a separate note is good.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday