Slow Stitching Sunday

This slow-stitching improvisational piece is a great learning experience.  Working with the tucks and folds of this hand-dyed fabric is interesting.   I am not sure if I am going about it the right way but I like the way it is looking so I will call it right.  I think I have seen others create more interesting shapes with this sort of fabric.  Still, I like what is happening.  I don't know how much further I will go with this.  Some of the fabric still needs to be attached to the backing though.  I might do that with stitches that aren't really obvious.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Karrin Hurd said…
Great piece, I'm sure what ever you do will be lovely. Happy stitching!
Linda said…
Looks fascinating and beautiful.
Kim said…
I always find the manipulating of fabric with tucks and folds to give interesting and fascinating results. Another creative piece on the go.
Fun to see how you go with the flow of your fabric as you stitch! Very pretty dyed fabric, too.
Queeniepatch said…
The fabric is so dramatic in itself with all the tucks and wrinkles and the 'bleeding' colours that you don't need to do so much with it. I love it as it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday