Slow Stitching Sunday


 I started this piece ages ago.  I had thought it was finished but I am allowed to change my mind.  I have decided it needs more flowers.  I have happily been adding the impression of flowers with mainly silk threads.  The ones that seem too good to use.  Isn't that silly?  Do I really want those threads to end up at a thrift store someday because I didn't use them?  No.

Stitching with those beautiful silk threads on my own hand-dyed silk fabric is a pleasure.  I look forward to creating this garden especially now that winter is encroaching.  Working on something cheerful certainly helps to pass the time!

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Good for you! I think we all tend to save our special threads/material etc and it is much better to just use it and enjoy it!
Queeniepatch said…
Of course, you are allowed to change your mind!
Of course, YOU should use the treasured silk threads - don't save them for someone else to pick up cheap and cheerful in a thrift shop!
I like the butterflies and think they want a lot of flowers!
Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful piece, I love the colors!
Sarah said…
I really love the colours in this! And yes I’ve got special threads waiting for that special project LOL
I like the butterflies on that piece! The flowers add a lot without being overwhelming. This is so pretty, Angela!
CathieJ said…
Beautiful. I love the butterflies. I try not to buy anything that is "too good" to use. Enjoy your stitching.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday