Slow Stitching Sunday


 I have added some wool shapes to this mandala.  It has turned cold here and working with wool is so much more pleasant now.  Days of stitching outside and enjoying the warmth and sunshine are gone.  Always a bit sad but those days will return.  We are now in the cosy stage.  Sunday afternoons with a warm sweater are now to be enjoyed.

This mandala is not typical of the colours I use.  I am trying to break out of my colour box.  Not totally successful though.  I wasn't happy with this one until I added the dark turquoise shapes on the outer edge.  I can't let go of that colour.  I also wear that colour a LOT.  

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Isn’t it funny how our projects often match what we are wearing…?
CathieJ said…
I like this mandala. I tend to use certain colors all the time too. The peach/pink is a nice addition. Enjoy your cozy stitching.
Karrin Hurd said…
I love it! It is totally unlike what you usually do, and is out of my color box too! Great work Angela!
That's a pretty one, Angela! I've been enjoying using more turquoise in my stitching, too. I think you know what fits you the best!
Queeniepatch said…
Why should you let go of a favourite colour? Breaking out of the box and trying new colourways, is a good thing from time to time. However, if you know that something would look better with a dash of your favourite, do add a dash of it!
Stay warm and cosy indoors.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday