I Like


 

LeeAnna has as

ked some thoughtful questions this week!

what qualities do you look for/love in a friend?  We meet a lot of people but only a few become great friends... think about what you look for in a friend...

What do you look for in a mate? What qualities can you mention that you believe to be good for a mate

I am not sure that I have overtly looked for certain qualities in people.  I kind of feel like I could be friends with anyone but that probably isn't true. When I think about the friends I treasure most, this is the list of their good qualities:

makes me laugh

they talk about ideas, not other people

makes me a better person, come up higher

someone I am comfortable to share my vulnerabilities with

someone who listens well even though I am not a super talkative person

someone who is honest and doesn't expect me to read their mind, no beating around the bush!


The qualities of a mate are the same.  My hubby and I were friends before we started dating.  I highly recommend that! One quality I need in a mate is that they give me space.  I don't ever want to feel trapped/controlled.  For sure the rebel in me will rise up in those circumstances.

I like keeping an art journal and this page seems appropriate.  I like keeping my art journal private, mostly.  Often the the art isn't worth sharing but it was good for my soul to create it!  That's important.  Wouldn't this world be a better place if more people spent more time being creative?




Comments

PaintedThread said…
That's a great list of friendship qualities. Very much the same as mine! I like your art page, too. Do I see glitter on it, too?
I love your heart drawing, Angela! I do think being creative helps us be better people. I agree, too, that our mates often have the qualities we look for in friends.
I thought the prompt this month was difficult! It's so hard to figure out exactly what makes a friend/mate. I feel it's different for everyone. This is definitely a great question to think about!!
LA Paylor said…
they talk about ideas
yes! so true for me too. I love talking about ideas, art, etc. I also like that you mention space, that's also true for me, I have my own things to do and room to do them in, and the guys who didn't accept that, didn't make the cut.
we don't go out hunting for friends, but must notice them when they show up, right?
LeeAnna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday