Slow Stitching Sunday



 
My scrappy little pieces are a pleasure to stitch.  I am a little concerned that I work with the same colour palette so OFTEN.  I just set these pieces on top of a journal page I had done.  They blend right into it.  I do try to throw in some colours that I don't typically use.  The piece on the right has a bit of olive green.  That is definitely a colour I don't use much.  

There is still plenty of room for stitching on these pieces.  I haven't even started using beads yet.  I have learned from past experience it is best to leave the beads until the very end.  I will wait until have all the pieces sewn together into a scroll.  There will be no worries of catching beads in the seams that way.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

I imagine we all get into that same thing with our sewing - certain color combinations appeal more than others. This is a pretty one you're showing today, Angela. I love that lacy flower!
Kim said…
I think we all seem to favour certain colours when creating our projects but mixing it up a bit always gives an unexpected and pleasing effect. I love that little pop of olive green.
Queeniepatch said…
It is often that little spot of unusual colour that adds contrast and pizzaz to make the piece sing.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday