Work in Progress Wednesday


 Monet is one of my favourite artists.  I love the impressionistic style so I decided to play with that in my journal.  There are a lot of layers here.  I started by blocking in colour with my permanent markers and then adding a layer of thin white acrylic paint.  That didn't knock back the marker colour as much as I thought it would.  I added a layer of watercolour crayons.  The Neocolor 2 by Caran d'ache added good layer of colour.  On top of that, I added oil pastels.  The oil pastels gave me the look I was aiming to get.  Obviously, I am no Monet but I am happy with my attempt.  I may try something similar with fabric and then stitch into it.  

I am linking to

https://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com/

Comments

Fiona said…
Monet is one of my favourite artists too and seeing originals is amazing - you look up close and it's a load of dots you walk away and the image appears - so clever. I think your piece is really good and I can spot those water lilies poking their heads. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media
It's a beautiful replica.. love your take on Monet a magnificent artist with a great eye for detail in his own way. So glad you shared with us @ Creative Artiste.
Happy Crafting Tracey x

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday