I Like


LeeAnna asks:

What lessons from your childhood have most impacted your worldview?

What a great question!  I think there are some 'lessons' from childhood that are better discussed with a therapist!  I won't go into my um dysfunction lessons here.  It is enough to say that I am still learning.

Childhood can be magical.  I love that Liliana thinks that little umbrella is just the right size for her.  I love her big brother photo bombing too!  I am so grateful to have five beautiful grandchildren now!  I pray they only know unconditional love from me.  

Okay, one lesson from childhood.  I am hesitant to call it a lesson though.  I am not sure where I learned it.  I was the kid that was kind and inclusive of the new kid, the weird kid, the disabled kid, etc. I was the kid who stood up for the underdog even when it got me in trouble.  I have always tried to be warm, supportive and welcoming.  I am hoping that doesn't sound like bragging.   


Comments

You have cute grands, Angela! Being the one who always includes the outsider is a wonderful characteristic to have. I always appreciated those kids when I was a teacher!
Aren't grandchildren the best! I was exactly that kind of kid you describe too but I was a bit nervous. But I carried my wanting to stick up for the underdog into adult hood to become a teacher of exceptional/special needs children.I'm happy to say I had a very rewarding 34 year career.
LA Paylor said…
yes to the lessons learned about kindness. It is always needed, always appropriate. The befriended child was changed by having a mate, you'll never know how or how much. Lilianna is mesmerizing. A wee model in her parasol.

sometimes those childhood lessons teach us through negative example how not to be, and firm up how we choose to be instead. I never smoked because I saw a parent drink and smoke to excess... I tried to be kind because I knew what it was like to be around unkind people too...
I'm so glad you're you
LeeAnna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

I heart Macro

Slow Stitching Sunday