work in progress Wednesday

This is my January block for the 2013 crazy quilt project.  I colored the butterfly with my Pan pastels.  I figure this quilt is not likely to be washed so it should be safe.  I have heard of others using Pan pastels on fabric so I figured it was worth the try.  I also decided to not be a hoarder of special things.  When in France I picked up the blue and purple trim that is in about the middle of the block.  It is so pretty it deserves to be used and not saved.  I also bought the sequins at a flea market in Paris.  I sure hope I can get this block done by the end of January.  I hate to start off the year and be behind right away!

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Congratulations! You have made some good choices; colouring the butterfly and moving pretty things from the stash to the quilt top. Whenever you see this quilt, in the future, you will remember all these things. Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday