This is probably one of the oddest quilts I have ever created. I created the background with old hymnal pages. I painted them, adhered transfer foil, added more paint, adhered to fabric and then quilted it. Then it sat. I knew it needed a focal point but I wasn't sure what it should be. Last month I learned of the San Fransisco School of Needlework self-portrait challenge. I jumped in not really knowing what I would do. It is a mixed media challenge and that really appealed to me. Last week I found a paper mask in my stash. I checked it for size against the background and it seems to work. I left the mask sitting on the background not sure of how I would attach it. I landed upon using some vintage lace to attach the mask. Next, I will be adding hair. I can't wait to go through my stash to find the right bits and bobs for that!
I am linking with http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/ http://www.quiltfabrication.com/