Slow Stitching Sunday

There actually isn't any stitching on this piece yet.  I started this piece in 2019 and it has been hanging in my studio ever since.  This week I added some silver flakes to the sky.  I think I want to add glitter next.  I have been on a big glitter kick this week.  I have been adding it to my art journals and mandalas.  Oh so fun!  I guess I have a strong need for something joyful and sparkling right now.  

I also want to add some hand stitching to this piece.  It probably doesn't need a lot though.  Mostly I just want to get the sky looking better.  This piece is made with different rovings and mixed media in the silk paper technique.  It is quite large, for me.  It has been a fun experiment and may end up as a page in a large book.  


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
You can never have too much sparkle and glitter!
I thought you had already done some stitching on this... like french knots on the flower on the right? So pretty!
Deb said…
I love the look of this piece so far, I look forward to seeing the piece progress.
Karrin Hurd said…
I love seeing your new pieces! This one is another gorgeous one~ Can't wait to see what you come up with~
CathieJ said…
That is quite a pretty and interesting piece. I do like the silver flakes in the sky. Looks like stars.
Kim said…
Another amazing piece in the works, Angela. If I was a bird I would love to fly across that swirling blue sky and look down upon those pretty flowers. Everything is so very clever and fabulously imaginative. There is nothing quite like glitter to sprinkle a little joy and happiness into one's day. Have a beautiful day playing with glitter and silver beads, and other such happy stitching.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday